Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My virtual Christmas cookie swap

I am not a huge fan of peanut butter cookies, but when I saw this recipe I really wanted to try them. They looked good, and let's face it, anything with chocolate is ok with me!!!

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk
40 miniature chocolate covered peanut butter cups, unwrapped
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Unwrap the peanut butter cups, put them in a plastic container and then put them in the freezer. (so they won't melt too fast when you use them later)
Sift togther the flour, salt, and baking soda and then set aside.
Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy, then set aside. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk (I use just a splash more milk to make the cookies more moist) to your sugar mixture. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mix well.
Shape these into 40 balls (I got 38) and place each ball into a mini muffin pan (I used a cookie sheet and they worked out just as well!). Bake at 375 degrees for about 7-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately press a mini peanut butter cup into each ball. I sprinkled some with sprinkles. Cool and remove from the pan.
They are soooooo good, I cannot tell you how hard it was to not eat them all. The chocolate is melted and warm and the peanut butter is soft and sweet!!!! They are simple and good.
Enjoy!


1 comment:

Laurie Anne said...

Oh Marie, I am such a sucker for Peanut Butter. I never thought of putting a pb cup into my thumbprint cookies. I am definately going to try this. Thanks so much for swapping :0)