Monday, December 10, 2007

Karma Baby!

I love the saying "what goes around, comes around"! Today, especially I am thinking of someone that I knew and that I thought of as a friend who recently lied about me. Not that that in itself would make me feel so angry at this person, or any person in fact, but that it was done to hurt me. This person was a co-worker and as such I felt that we were equals. Now that I see the true person she is I have no problem with what can only be construed as karma coming around to bite this person. I am an especially honest person. If you ask my kids what is the worst thing they could do to me, they would tell you it would be to lie. I am honest to a fault, and sometimes even the people I love have to bear the brunt of my honesty. When someone I know is dishonest, they know not to include me in their little story. When one of a friend couple of ours was cheating, I told his wife. Now, I admit to telling some innocent white lies... like when someone asks if I like what they are wearing, if it makes them look fat, if I like a new piece of furniture, etc. You get the idea. I don't see the need to hurt their feelings because we have different tastes....but I will not lie for people who are hurting other people. That should go without saying that I will NEVER lie about something illegal or unethical. I find lying to be an especially violating thing to do to a person. My ex lied to me the whole time we were together. It was so difficult when the truth came out. I was so hurt by a life of lies I was living. Fortunately, this person cannot hurt me like that and in the end the pain she will cause herself will be justice enough, but do I wish I was a fly on the wall when Karma comes back to bite her...you bet!!!


On a brighter note, my "baby" turns 17 today. Wow, time has flown by at warp speed. He is so independent, and smart and he is turning into a fine young man. He took this picture of me just the other day...he is so funny when he gets hold of my camera!!! And, yes I did just get all my hair chopped off and it feels so nice!

With the holidays rapidly approaching I have to spend considerable time now doing what shopping I have left, finish decorating the house and bake cookies as well as finish making some ornies! Busy busy busy for the next 2 weeks. I love it, though since this is my favorite holiday time!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love the top you are wearing! and your hair looks great.