Monday, September 24, 2007

Ok, so I read somewhere that Wednesday, September 26th is Johnny Appleseed Day! Hum, I went apple picking at just the right time then. I love to bake and having some fresh fruit to bake with is so nice, so I will enjoy the fresh apples. I need to get some pumpkins and gourds for decorating the diningroom table and soon enough the bittersweet will be ripe and I will be harvest a huge bunch to decorate my diningroom light. It is just wrought iron and while I have some imitation berry candles wreaths, nothing is quiet as nice as real. I am also on the hunt for pine cones and acorns. I am looking for lots of small ones to make garland with and a bagful of large ones to use in my decorating. I can never seem to remember where I saw them last year to remember where to go this year...but I am going to put the word out that I am on a search! I also like to collect berries of all kinds to use in my decorating schemes. I use the dehydrator to get them nice and dry and then they will last a long time. I can also use crab apples...don't know where I can get any of those right now either...oh well. I guess Dan and I will have to take different routes on our walks to find the items on my wish lists!
Ok, happy fall!



1 comment:

oak wind farm said...

Sorry I haven't been here in awhile. Your natural decorating ideas are wonderful. I too love natural things.
Hope you are having a great day!