Sunday, September 02, 2007

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, Part II

A little refresher....this was the size of my pumpkin August 9th~ we had discovered them once the large vine leaves started to die out. Remember I said that I ususally grow pumpkins for the pumpkin puree!
I knew right away that this was not going to make a good pie, it wouldn't have been sweet at all. We went out again tonight to check and see how all the pumpkins were doing...I just couldn't believe my eyes. I had to put one of my plastic patio chairs next to it so you could get perspective of my great pumpkin. I never intended to grow it this big, but now that it is here, I must share it with you all....we will need a chainsaw to carve it!

Viola


This is grown in all natural soil, our ONLY fertilizer is the rabbit manure we get from our 1 bunny!

Seeds will be available come Spring!


1 comment:

oak wind farm said...

Well that is just awesome!