Friday, August 17, 2007

On motherhood...

My daughter took this picture of herself...I think it is beautiful. Even though she altered it, I see her beauty in it. I worry about her. Even though she is 21 years old, I worry about her. Will she find her way, will she be happy? She has made some changes in her life that I am not happy about, but I still love her with all my heart. And worry. I worry a lot about her. I wish I could stop worrying...but I can't. I hope that as she matures she realizes that life is not the way she sees it now. I hope she finds her place in society and is able to stand on her own two feet. I hope she finds a career that makes her happy and able to take care of herself. I hope she finds true love and becomes the center of someone's universe. I hope for her all the things that all mother 's hope for their children...but with her there comes so much worry and concern...I pray for her every day, I pray there are angels watching over her, that God keeps her in his grace and protects her. So even though she has changed into a totally different person than the person in this picture I still see her beauty, and I know it is only a matter of time before my daughter is back to the person I know and love. Until then, I worry...

1 comment:

Laurie Anne said...

You never stop being a mom :0)