Thursday, August 23, 2007

More on our vacation.......

On Sunday we walked the "historic" tour. We visited the home where Thomas Jefferson stayed and wrote the declaration. It was neat. I really enjoy looking at old houses and they way things were hundreds of years ago.
We also saw the Liberty Bell and can I just say this little vent....some people are so damn ignorant...it makes me furious some times...but finally after a family of what seemed like 100 people finished taking pictures of all of them in front, the rest of the 100 or so people waiting were able to take some pictures...we didn't get any of us in front of it, but I really wanted to see the bell and here it is....

This is the old Congress Hall, again very neat...
Then we walked what must have been several miles to the Edgar Allen Poe home, where I did not get any pictures....I was exhausted from the "short walk" the park ranger said it would be.

No comments: