Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Can you believe someone was throwing it away?



While taking a walk last evening we came across a pile of things a neighbor was throwing out (they are moving) and amongst the items was this lamp. At first I didn't even see it, Dan asked it I wanted a lamp and I just saw some oriental pottery and thought that was the lamp he was asking about. He lifted up a few pieces and I saw it. This beautiful blue spongeware oil lamp. Eureka!!! What a find. Good thing he noticed it. I don't think the chimney is original so I will have to look for one the matches better, but what a find!!!

3 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

Congrats on your find. One man's trash... :0)

Jenny said...

That is a fantastic find. Well done.

HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs - Kim said...

Marie, thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment about my "mini makeover".

That is a very nice lamp...how very lucky for you to find it!!!