Friday, June 01, 2007

round and round

One of the neatest things about this ol' house is this spiral staircase. I just love it. The fronts of the steps were not in really good shape so I painted them and stenciled them. It adds just a little extra charm to the character of the house.
And when I finish pulling off all the paneling from the outside wall and finish the upstairs landing I will be even happier with the whole area. I am not a fan of paneling, probably from living in a home that had paneling on every wall!!! So I have my work cut out for me. I have already sewn the curtains for the landing and my dry sink is up there. I'd like to find a cute little braided rug for the hallway too. In the mean time, I just adore the stencils and enjoy going round and round when I go up or down stairs!!!


2 comments:

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

I love your staircase Marie! It's beautiful!!

~~Mikki Jo said...

What a wonderful job you done! It's so pretty!!!