Monday, June 11, 2007

How was my weekend, you ask?

Yep, MIGRAINE!!! And it was a bad one. Luckily I was able to down enough pain killers to force it out just long enough to go to a friend's grandbaby's christening for a couple of hours. I really just wanted to sleep. But my mom and I had worked on this:
It is a baby size quilt with roads on it. My son had one when he was little and he loved it so I wanted to make one for our good friends' grandson. They are the greatest, and I included some cars so he could play with them when he got older. He is 7 mos. old now, and I think it won't be too much longer before he is playing on it. When mom opened it she was shocked and surprised. It seems she had one as a child herself! And I am so happy she liked it because quilting all those roads was a pain!!! And I had to order the material online, because I could not find one fabric store around that carried anything like this!!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

I'm sorry to hear about your migraine. I get one every few months and I have to wait to sleep it off. Napping doesn't work so if I get one in the morning I have to wait all day!

The quilt is just wonderful and I love the little roads, what a cute idea!
Kelli

Angie said...

Just found your blog, and I'm so glad I did! Love the baby quilt...and your house sounds wonderful!! I'll be back to visit often now as I've added you to my Bloglines. :)

Kelli said...

Hi Marie, I'm just stopping by to tell you that we have 6 goldfish in our pond and a small fountain.

Hope you are having a great week!

Kelli

tracyellen said...

Sorry to hear about the migraine. Ugh - just awful! It's so hard when these headaches interfere with out lives, but I'm glad you were able to go to the christening (even for just a couple of hours).

Hang in there...

-Tracy