Friday, May 25, 2007

this little corner


I love this cute little corner of my kitchen (minus the ugly flooring!!). I have these deep window sills that I have lined with tiles (terra cotta in the kitchen) and that I am able to keep lots of plants on. It also houses my butter churn which I have not yet used to make butter with, but love the look of it. This window overlooks my flower garden and driveway- I can see my flowers and also anyone coming to visit me... And even though it is a little different arrangement for a kitchen I love the old fashioned-ness of the kitchen. Hanging in front of the window is a "witch's ball" that my sister-in-law gave to me one year. I know you cannot see it very well, but it has special meaning coming from family. I also have a little hook with dried lavendar from my garden hanging. I love the smell it gives off whenever the breeze blows past it. And of course my kitchen towels and hooks are there. I love kitchen linens, don't know why but I do, and I love that they are not hidden away inside the cabinets but able to be seen. The kitchen is the room most used by my family and no matter how much room I have in other rooms or what is going on where, people seem to gather here in my kitchen.

No comments: