Tuesday, May 09, 2006

They say your home is your castle....


Here is my castle...and my flower gardens. We went with a new mulch this year...black! And I kinda like it. It really makes the gardens stand out. When the garden is is full bloom it will make a really great back drop to all the different colors of the flowers!!! I do really have to paint those basement doors! Our mason is coming back this year to do some more landscaping in the backyard, around the pool and to make a stone wall to terrace the yard a little, great platform for a gazeebo!!! I'll add some before, during and after pictures of the project as it gets going!
This weekend was spent preparing the vegetable garden! It is rather large and we have a lot of different plants going on back there, but there is nothing like running out to the garden for a fresh tomato or fresh herbs, and the corn last year was the best I have ever tasted (native New Englander, here!!!) even if I do say so myself!!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Your house is gorgeous! I love going to the east coast to see all of the old houses.

amyjune said...

Beautiful house, and the mulch is awesome! Mine is reddish, brownish, crappish!